Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Skydiving Bay of Islands from 4.8km up!


Wowoweee... So much fun!

A few days ago it occurred to me that New Zealand might have one or more of those daily deal sites, like Groupon and what not... So I went a searching. Found one called GrabOne that was offering skydiving (the highest in New Zealand @ 16000 feet) for only $225 instead of the regular $420. Must. Do. Booked it up and Jacqui and I headed up to Bay of Islands yesterday so I could dive today! What a blast. I wish Jax had've done it too, but she didn't really have any interest in it other than to say she'd done it, which probably wasn't enough. This way Dexter had some ground company too!

I'd skydived once before, in 2000, but we were static-lined to the plane and I was solo, didn't get any free-fall time at all. This time I went tandem and it was a definite step up in thrills. I had no idea how strong the wind would feel on free-fall. Awesome.

Pretty sweet view to jump out of a plane to! Bay of Islands near Kerikeri.

All dressed up and no where to go... Except up!
These Goggles were really not super fun. Also, they didn't work super well. Ouch.
Getting off right here, kthx.
Bye plane, we'll race you down!
4.8km high! The bay is up in the top right I think. So pretty!
Wooooooooooooo
Almost chute time!
Touchdown!
What a rush!
I got a video I want to upload to YouTube as well, but don't have the bandwidth for it at the moment. Hopefully in a couple weeks!

3 comments:

  1. Scotty that's @#!$%^&* Awesome! Grande

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you did this in Japan, where's the NZ flag?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha, I didn't even notice. :)

    For some reason they had a bunch of Tonga/ Japan/ Canada flags... had to be rugby related, cuz those 3 countries + NZ were in a pool together? Perhaps some games were played up north and they were attracting tourists.

    ReplyDelete