Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Ryan and I go Bungy Jumping!

Ryan E was visiting a few months ago and I expected to go Bungy with him but it just didn't happen, so now that Ryan H was visiting, it was time to get it done! We had thought about doing it in Australia when we were there but I thought there was a chance Kiran would want to do it with us so we waited until now in Hanmer Springs to do it.

Sadly it was a super cold day and rainy as well, but we got to do it and got to warm up in the awesome Hanmer Springs Thermal Pools afterwards, which was a super treat since we don't have a bath here at the new place in Kaikoura (and didn't at the farm either, sad for those who know me!). We didn't take any pictures at the pools, but it was pretty fun! We did a few awesome waterslides too for an extra $10 ticket, including a tube ride where you got thrown into a funnel and spun around a bit. :)

Here's some pictures! We jumped 35m and survived! It was a pretty terrifying experience though, even scarier than at West Edmonton mall I think, since this was off a bridge and down into a river below! Felt super safe though, many many checks and balances (seriously, they weighed us like 3 times and recorded it everywhere and triple checked everything).

Weeeee! I think I actually screamed here. Quite out of character for me, but it was really quite frightening too!
More screaming...
Ok, starting to relax now, slowing down at the bottom!
My first jet boat experience in NZ, getting rescued from the end of the bungy line.
I did it!
I love Ryan's jump form! Good job, buddy!
We got certificates of fearlessness, but I don't know, we look pretty fearful!

3 comments:

  1. I don't see j in these pictures and I'm very happy about that. You guys are idiots!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nope I'm not crazy like those guys! I did summon my courage and go on the waterslides though, wooo! http://www.hanmersprings.co.nz/thermal/user-photo/index.cfm/photo/93/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love waterslides, and you're still on the ground!

    ReplyDelete